1852 – William Cubitt begins to build Christ Church, at his own expense, on land donated by the Countess of Glengall
1854 – Building work is completed.
1857 – Christ Church is consecrated.
1907 – The current pulpit is installed as part of a significant programme of alteration.
1911 – The original organ is replaced by one built by T.C Lewis of Brixton. Some of the components of the original organ are incorporated into the replacement.
1914 – The painted mural over the chancel arch is completed.
1950’s – The Sanctuary is redecorated with the distinctive red and white wallpaper replacing Victorian wall coverings. The organ is rebuilt by Noel Mander and its console moved from the organ loft to the north transept.
1965 – St John’s Church is closed and the Stations of the Cross, the Lady Chapel Altar, High Altar and St John’s Chapel Altar are moved to Christ Church.
1980’s – The west end of the church is remodelled to provide an office and an upstairs meeting room. Two bays of the crypt are cleared and converted to provide a venue for the Cryptics Youth Club.
1991 – Stained Glass windows that had originated from St Mildred’s Settlement are found in Christ Church, rededicated and installed in the north transept.
2008 – The Crypt is refurbished and fitted with a large kitchen.
2014 – Woodblock flooring, salvaged at the closure of the Docklands Settlement, is laid in the Sanctuary.
2016- Watch this space…