WE ARE LUCKY TO HAVE two fine organs by English builder Noel Mander, a one-manual chamber organ (originally from St Luke’s Church) and a large three-manual.
The instrument from St Luke’s is built in the English 18th-century style, has eight speaking stops on three ranks of pipes, and is controlled by an electric action.
Christ Church’s organ was built in 1953, as an expansion of an earlier instrument by Lewis, which in turn incorporated work by Walker. It has thirty-three speaking stops, together with a large selection of couplers, and is tonally speaking in the English Romantic school of organ-building. It dominates the upper storey of the South Transept, with the detached console located opposite, in the west corner of the North Transept.